Shore Excursions without a VISA
ESPERANCE is licensed with Russian Immigration Authorities to issue Tour Tickets for cruise passengers. We took this step in response to agents’ well-founded complaints regarding a burdensome and costly procedure for obtaining a Russian Visa for cruise passengers who wished to disembark for private shore excursions.
This service is complementary and is available only to cruise clients who have purchased tours from ESPERANCE.
1. The total duration of the clients’ time ashore, in Russia, must not exceed 72 hours.
2. The separate Tour Ticket is issued for each day of touring.
3. The company issuing the Tour Ticket (in this case ESPERANCE) is legally responsible for the clients while they are on Russian territory and must therefore have a representative (e.g. guide) accompany the clients at all times they are ashore.
The process for obtaining the document is as follows:
1. The agent sends us the passport information for the client.
2. We issue the document and e-mail it in attachment form to the agent, who can then print it for the client.
3. Upon arrival in St.-Petersburg, the Tour Ticket serves as an entry document as clients go through passport control. ESPERANCE representative awaits just on the other side in the event any issues arise.
This practice has been in place for more than a decade and has worked flawlessly.
Obtaining a Russian Visa for FIT
To apply for an independent Russian entry visa one will need valid passport, set dates, hotel reservation number, visa support documentation (Voucher and letter of confirmation) sponsored by ESPERANCE.
Application form as well as list of additional documents that may be required depending on your visa type are available on Russian Embassy website or Visa service companies.